Sunday, December 28, 2008

West at Home-apply to be an agent

Becoming an agent for West at Home is not as easy as it sounds.In fact it is extremely easy to not be an agent for them.As soon as you enter what country you come from (not USA)you are given the following message:
"Thank you for your interest in West At Home. At this time, there are candidates that more closely match the qualifications required for this position. We appreciate your time to inquire about this opportunity and wish you luck in your future endeavors. Sincerely, West At Home."
My point is when you start exploring new avenues to make money you will encounter this quite often.Especially if it is a site that you are hoping to earn money from.So you need to not give up.I did an ALEXA rating on them and also found out that they do not cater to the country I come from.
Westathome.com
Westathome.com has a traffic rank of: 111,5371605
Westathome.com users come from these countries:
United States 87.8%
India 4.0%
Canada 1.5%
So I decided to find out what others think about West at Home and I got these comments
I personally would not recommend West...although, I currently work for them now. Definitely , do not expect to become rich, but do expect low pay and wasted time. What I mean by that is that you may be scheduled for 40 hrs but may actually only work 20-25 hrs. I value having wasted 20-15 hrs where I could have been more productive. IF working "40" hrs every week for two weeks and making 400-500 or less sound good to you then great, but for me it is just gas money;however, I do not work 40 hrs a week any more. Tested it for a month, thank god I have a great full time job. At west you do not get paid when your are sitting there waiting for the phone to ring. In a hour shift, you can just get one phone call. It has happen to me many times. I do understand that everything is relative, but when you do the math it is barely minimum wage. They had a guaranteed rate, but quickly did away with it. The company is very unorganized and inconsistent.

Hi, I used to work for West, but the pay was horrible! I now work for Alpine Access. I get paid $9 for 25 hours a week. It's a good part time income. I hate getting paid for talk time. It's taken me forever but I'm happy to finally find a WAHJ that pays hourly. They only hire in certain states. Teletech, CLC, Westat, & Onpoint all pay hourly as well. If you're just looking for 50 bucks a week and having to stalk for hours (hard to pic up) then sure West, is ok, but if you want money you can count on, look into the ones I listed. Hope this helps!Blessings,Kassandra
So now I feel better but to be serious there are different views out there on working for West at Home so to see all of them,good and bad please visit Work at Home Forum.com
N.B also received more avenues to explore from last comment above,namely Teletech,CLC,Westat and Onpoint.See what I mean,NEVER give up!!!

Join this forum and discuss with other work-at-home friends
Work at Home Forum.com


No comments:

Post a Comment